Terumo ShrineOhori/Ropponmatsu Area
【Notice】Regarding to the pre-emergency measures has been lifted in Fukuoka from 2 August to 31 August 2021. Some events and stores, facilities may be cancelled, temporarily closed or shorten business hours. Before visiting, please check the official website or contact directly for further information.
◎Please Click here for the information of COVID-19 from Fukuoka City
This shrine is dedicated to Kuroda Nagamasa, the first lord of Chikuzen Kuroda Clan, and his father Josui. The name of the temple derives from both of their Buddhist names. The shrine was originally located under the main castle keep tower of Fukuoka Castle. In 1871 it was moved to the site near the present Kego Park when Meiji government abolished the old administrative system and established the present prefectural system, and later to the present site. There is an observatory near the shrine, which commands a beautiful panoramic view of Hakata Bay. The shrine is also counted as one of Japan’s best100 cherry blossom viewing spots and attracts a lot of visitors in Spring.