This is the temple of Rinzai school Daitokuji sect Buddhism and is also referred to by the name of Sekijozan. It is located at the end of the narrow alley, which runs from north to south in the east of Tochoji Temple. Getsudo Soki, who was the fellow disciple of the priest Daio Kokushi, founded the temple in 1316. The second name derives from the bulwark against Mongolians. It was originally located in the Okinohama Area by Hakata Bay and was used as one of the bases for diplomatic activities where the envoys to China stayed. It was once lost in a fire in the 16th century and reconstructed in the present location after Kuroda Nagamasa, the first load of the old Fukuoka Domain, started reigning the area. On the temple site is also the tomb of Kamiya Sotan, the renowned merchant of Hakata in the Edo Period and those of the vassals who served the Kuroda Family.