Myotenji TempleHakata Area
【Notice】Some events and stores, facilities may be cancelled, temporarily closed or shorten business hours. Before visiting, please check the official website or contact directly for further information.
◎Please Click here for the information of COVID-19 from Fukuoka City
Built in Yanagawa in 1381 by Honjoin Nichien Shonin. Samurai Tachibana Muneshige retainer Komono Masutoki had it rebuilt in its current location as the Tachibana family temple. On April 25, 1603, Nicchu, a monk from the Myokaku-ji Temple in Kyoto, was engaged in a religious argument with Japanese Christian preacher Furusawa and others. The result of the dialogue was victory for Nicchu, who was granted Christian land by the first lord of Fukuoka domain, Kuroda Nagamasa. There he built Shoryuji Temple (4 Tenjin, Chuo-ku).