Historic spots of Genko (Mongol invasion of Japan)
Search with areas
Search results [1-6/6件]
- Mongolian Invasion Historical Museum
Higashi-Koen, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka
The museum is located in the Higashi Park where the Fukuoka prefectural office building is. Exhibiting historical materials are related to the battle of Bun-ei and Koan invasions of northern part of Kyushu by Mongolian army 800 years ago. Weapons from the Japanese and Mongolian armies and Mongol...
- Iki-no-Matsubara Genko Bulwark Ruins
Iki-no-Matsubara, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka
This is the ruins of the bulwark built in 1276 to prepare against Mongolian invasion. It stretches from Nagatare Coast to Odo Coast for about 2.5 kilometers. It was found in an archeological research that the bulwark was built by piling up stones into the wall of 1 - 1.5 meters in width and 1.8 m...
- Imajuku Genko Bulwark Ruins
Imajuku-ekimae 1-chome, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka
The bulwark against Mongolian invasion was built with a financial support from the lord of Buzen province in Edo period, along the beach stretching from Nagatare Mountain to Imayama Mountain. Today, the bulwark in front of Nagatare Beach and the one at the bottom of Imayama Mountain are governmen...
- Imazu Genko Bulwalk Ruins
Imazu, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka
This Bulwark was built by the Kamakura Shogunate government for preparation against invasions of Mongolian army. It was originally 20 kilometers long, stretching from Imazu to Kashii, facing Hakata Bay. The part of it remains for 3 kilometers along the beach from the foot of Kojidake Mountain eas...
- Nishijin and Momochi Bulwark Ruins
Nishijin 7-chome, Sawara-ku, Fukuoka
The bulwark ruin of Nishijin & Momochi area was originally the center of 20 kilometers of bulwark. In 1274 at the time of Bun-ei invasion, Mongolian army landed in Momochi area. The surrounding areas including Sohara, Torikai and Akasaka were turned into battlefields. The bulwark was built af...
13-6, Gokusho-machi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka
This is the temple of Rinzai school Daitokuji sect Buddhism and is also referred to by the name of Sekijozan. It is located at the end of the narrow alley, which runs from north to south in the east of Tochoji Temple. Getsudo Soki, who was the fellow disciple of the priest Daio Kokushi, founded t...