Hakata's famous cuisine
Search with areas
Search results [1-20/39件]
- Karashi Mentaiko
- Mentaiko is the most popular and regular souvenir from Fukuoka. Mentaiko is cod ovum slowly marinated in chili pepper sauce. Many companies boast their original tastes. Its spicy and rich flavor is very appetizing and go well with rice. You can also enjoy it with drinks. They are also popular as ...
- Mizutaki (chicken broth hotpot)
- This is a local cuisine of Fukuoka with 100 years of tradition. Boned Chicken are simmered and its broth is used in the hotpot. The taste of chicken-based broth is simple while it is delicious enough to be eaten by itself. Those who are familiar with this cuisine usually add a little salt and tas...
- Motsunabe (beef or pork offal hotpot)
- The offal of cow is called "motsu" in Japanese. It is healthy ingredient with low calory and high nutrition. Motsunabe is the most common way in Fukuoka to eat motsu; along with cabbage, leek and chili pepper, motsu is added into the broth made from dried bonito or kelp and pre-mixed wi...
- The people of Hakata have long eaten this traditional food made from seaweed since Edo period and it is still a regular dish to be served in a breakfast today. Seaweed is dried in the sun, boiled in water and firmed into a gelatinous block. It is cut into strips and served with a dipping sauce of...
- Abuttekamo (roasted pearl-spot chromis)
- When you go fishing at the surf, you often see a school of small fishes poking at a feed. Those small fishes often seen in the sea of Fukuoka are pearl-spot chromis and they taste really good when roasted. The name "Abuttekamo" comes from a Hakata dialect expression which means roasting...
- Hakata Ramen
- Atop the list of Hakata’s famous cuisines is Hakata ramen. The special features of Hakata ramen are rich pork-based soup and firm texture of the noodles. Besides the basic toppings of roasted pork slice and chopped welsh onions, you can choose additional toppings such as pickled ginger, sesame an...
- Many streets of Fukuoka are colored with stalls at night. They first appeared and spread in the devastated town after the World War II as a simple and mobile eating place. Today, about 150 stalls are operating in the city and they offer a wide variety of dishes including ramen, tempura, oden, var...
- Hakata Gyoza (pan-fried dumplings)
- Hakata gyoza is one-bite sized pan-fried dumplings. Outside skin is crunchy while inner skin remaining soft and the meat inside is very juicy! As it is just one-bite sized, fully stuffed meat juice does not spill over, but spreads in your mouth. Even girls can easily clear up a dish of these smal...
- Hakata Amao
- This branded strawberry called AMAO have glossy deep red color, large and round shape, and high sugar content. It is also rich with fiber and vitamin C. The moment you take the first bite, the sweetness of juicy fruity flesh spread in your mouth.
- Fresh seafood
- Fresh seafood from the Sea of Genkai is so cheap and delicious! There are many izakayas (Japanese style pubs) across the city that offer tasty sashimi and sliced mackerel with sesame, sushi bars that offer fresh sushi which you may want to enjoy with shochu (distilled spirit) of Kyushu. Next to F...
- Sakanaichiba Hakataekimae
2-7-6, Hakataekimae, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 812-0011
A plan course includes king crabs from Sunday to Thursday (excluding the day before a holiday)! B and C plan courses have double-portion of king crabs! Come with free-flowing drinks for 3 hours so that you can relax and enjoy!!
- Hakata’s typical home cooking, which is still a must-have during events such as New Year and the Hakata Gion Yamakasa festival. It is a dish of chicken and vegetables such as taro, carrots, lotus root and burdock simmered in soy sauce. It is said to originate from a vegetable stew in China and ap...
- How to Enjoy Yatai
How about spending the night in Fukuoka at one of those Yatais (street stalls)?
The major yatais of Fukuoka are located along Watanabe-dori avenue in Tenjin, Showa-dori avenue and the Naka River in the Nakasu area, in Reisen Park near Kushida Shrine and around Fukuoka City Central Fish Market in...
Denki BLDG north hall 2F, 2-1-82, Watanabedori, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 810-0004
Three minute walk from Watanabe Dori Station! The restaurant is situated on the 2nd floor of the North Electric Building and serves fresh and live fish.
- SAKANAICHIBAHANARE CHIKUSHIDOORITEN
yunaito Hakata Building 1F, 2-6-28, Hakataekihigashi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 812-0013
Enjoy good seafood in your favorite style: grilled with salt, cooked with soy sauce, deep-fried karaage and more! We have party plans to ensure your satisfaction! Various private rooms (Western rooms, horigotatsu rooms and tatami rooms) are available.
- HAKATA SYOUMON
1F, 6-2, Hakataekichuogai, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 812-0012
Kyushu local specialtiesWhen live squid is prepared as sashimi quickly, you can enjoy authentic Kyushu whole fresh squid sashimi! If you want to eat Hakata delicious cuisine, you have to come to Hakata Shomon!We greet our guests with our best smile and with plenty of gratitude!We accept reservati...
3-25, Susakimachi, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 812-0028
────── Walking distance from Hakataza Theater in Nakasu ──────* Choose the best entrails hot pot for various banquets to meet your needs from a small group up to 30 guests└We have a variety of courses from dinner only to a course with all you can drink to suit your budget. We have 6 courses that ...
Tenjin west street building 3F, 2-6-5, Daimyo, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 810-0041
In an open kitchen restaurant, you can enjoy our daily special that you must try. Choose one from our recommending sashimi and fish dishes. Or you can enjoy our organic vegetables. You cannot miss our honey bread after you had charcoal kushiyaki and salad. Ask our staff for a course menu if you a...
2-10-12, Hakataekimae, Hakata-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 812-0011
Our manager, who is particular about taste, gets the finest sashimi. Broiled dishes and deep-fried dishes are something and you will enjoy our authentic shochu. Full of men after work during weekdays. Better to reserve before you come. Chef's special courses are from JPY3,500 including drinks. We...
- SUITOUYA TENJIN
Ikue Building 2F, 1-13-13, Tenjin, Chuo-ku, Fukuoka-shi, Fukuoka, 810-0001
Tavern for adults which locates at the center of Tenjin. Fish and sashimi are very fresh. "Today's homemade specials" are always popular.
1 - 2