Transit Information in Fukuoka
Everyone wants to save some money while traveling. The convenient saver tickets meet one’s wish by offering discounts not only for access to Fukuoka but also for touring around the town. If you use these tickets wisely, you can travel not only Fukuoka but also all over Kyushu.
|Shinkansen Fukuoka Discount Kippu
- Departing from Kyoto: 26,600yen, from Osaka: 26,200yen
- * Purchased at JR Nishinihon Midori-no-Madoguchi (JR ticket counter)
- A reasonable roundtrip ticket to Fukuoka with reserved seat in Shinkansen. The ticket departing from Kyoto cannot be used during Golden Week, Obon and New Year’s holidays. The ticket is valid for 7 days and children are at half-fare of adults.
- JR Nishinihon “JR Odekake Net” Homepage
|Sanyo Shinkansen 2-mai Kippu
- 23,000yen-, fare varies by season
- *Purchased at JR Nishinihon Midori-no-Madoguchi (JR ticket sales counter)
- A big discount for a set of 2 tickets with reserved seat in Shinkansen. The ticket is used either for 1 roundtrip or for a one-way trip for two people. Routes between Osaka/Kobe and Kitakyushu/Fukuoka are applicable. It is valid for 12 days starting from 3 days after the date of purchase, and the ticket can be used during Golden Week and Obon holidays.
- JR Nishinihon Homepage
|Nice Going Card
- Annual membership fee: 500yen, fares & fees vary by routes
- *Purchased at Midori-no-Madoguchi (JR ticket sales counter) at each JR Kyushu station, JOYROAD branches, JR Kyushu Okinawa branch, COOP univ. (except for some shops), etc.
- A JR Kyushu discount card limited to weekend travel for anyone between the ages of 16 and 29. This discount card allows for 30%-40% off when traveling over 101 km on Kyushu lines on weekends and holidays (Shinkansen lines 30%, other lines 40%). Become a member by showing a student ID or other card showing proof of age. Discounts can be received from the day of application so it is okay to apply after arriving in Kyushu. The card is valid for 1 year.
- JR Kyushu Homepage
|Shinkansen Hakata YokaYoka Kippu
- 3,000yen from Kokura
- * Purchased at JR Midori-no-Madoguchi (JR ticket sales counter), JOYROAD branches, etc.
- A discount ticket for a return trip with unreserved seat in Shinkansen, limited to weekends & holidays. The ticket is valid on the departure date only. Please check period of validity.
- JR Kyushu Homepage
- 600 yen (500 yen on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays)
- *Purchased at subway station ticket counter, commuter pass sales office and counter, etc.
- A saver pass allows you to travel on subway as much as you want within one day. When presenting this pass at designated places such as Fukuoka Tower, Fukuoka City Museum, Yahoo Dome and others, you can get admission discounts.
|Fukuoka City One-Day Pass
- *Purchased at Tenjin bus center, Hakata station bus terminal 1F, on the bus etc.
- This pass is very convenient for touring around downtown Fukuoka by bus. You can get on/off buses as much as you want within applicable areas. Pair ticket (2 adults): 1,000yen/Family ticket (3 adults): 1,400yen
- *Purchased at bus companies within Kyushu, Nishitetsu Tenjin bus center, Hakata station bus terminal, ticket sales counter at Nishitetsu train stations, Fukuoka airport information center, travel agencies, etc.
- A 3-day unlimited ride pass for almost all highway and local buses within Kyushu. This can be used on some 2,200 routes, or 99% of all buses operating within the island. The “All Kyushu” pass, applicable for all 7 prefectures in Kyushu, costs 10,000yen; the “Northern Kyushu” pass for 5 prefectures including Fukuoka, Saga, Nagasaki, Oita and Kumamoto costs 6,000yen. (It is priced at 8,000yen at counters within Kyushu.)
- *A 500yen deposit is necessary, good for 1500yen worth of travel. The deposit is refunded upon card cancellation.
*The ”nimoca” card is rechargeable and can be used repeatedly.
- *Bus: purchased on the bus, Tenjin Bus Center and Nakagawa Eigyosho (bus depot)
Train: purchased at ticket sales counters of any station of Tenjin Omuta Line (except for ghost stations) and commuter ticket sales counters
Commercial Facilities: nimoca member’s stores including Solaria Plaza, Tenjin Core, Nishitetsu Store, etc.
- “nimoca” is an IC card that yields points by using public transportation such as Nishitetsu Bus & Train and by shopping at nimoca affiliated stores including commercial facilities, hotels and movie theaters in the Tenjin area and along the Tenjin Omuta railroad line. It can be used repeatedly as long as you pay certain amounts in advance. Points are added each time you use the card and the points earned can be applied to Nishitetsu bus and train fares or used as e-money for shopping. (1 point=1 yen)
*Member registration is necessary for “star nimoca” that lets you collect points through shopping at affiliate stores.
- nimoca Homepage
One-day Pass for Foreign Tourists Using Buses and Trains
|FUKUOKA TOURIST CITY PASS
- 1. Fukuoka City (not applicable to Nishitetsu Train) Adults 820 yen, Children 410 yen
2. Fukuoka City and Dazaifu Adults 1,340 yen, Children 670 yen
- Fukuoka Tourist City Pass is one-day free pass which gives foreign tourists unlimited rides on buses and trains operating in Fukuoka City.
It is very convenient and a reasonable pass applicable to 5 transportation facilities; Nishitetsu Bus, Showa Bus, JR Kyushu Train, Nishitetsu Train and the Subway.
- "FUKUOKA TOURIST CITY PASS" Homepage